- What's NolaVie?
NolaVie publishes articles, essays, creative writing, photo galleries, and videos that celebrate New Orleans’ often-crazy, always-interesting life and culture.
NolaVie, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is supported by a number of cultural partners comprised of some of the city's flagship cultural organizations.
- What's NolaVie's submission process?
Send submissions to [email protected] Each submission is reviewed by a NolaVie editor, who assesses its interest and quality based on NolaVie's editorial standards. If the submission is accepted, the NolaVie staff member will contact the content creator and coordinate publication.
- What are NolaVie's Editorial Standards?
All published content must satisfy these basic requirements:
- The content is original, either created by the submitter or submitted with expressed permission.
- The content is not demeaning or inflammatory.
- The content's creator EITHER is from New Orleans and/or the city's surrounding areas OR the content itself is directly inspired by New Orleans and/or the city's surrounding areas.
- The content is not promotional. Press releases, event fliers, et cetera are discouraged as content submisisons; however, they may be sent to [email protected] for consideration of publication as highlights or stories.
- Do I still own the content that I submit?
Yes. All content is published under a "onetime use" contract, the terms of which can be reviewed at: nolavie.com/terms.
How can I get involved?
- Become a contributor
Email NolaVie editor Renee Peck at [email protected] if you would like to contribute stories, photographs, artwork, creative writing or videos to the site.
NolaVie works to promote New Orleans culture by publishing the works of local writers and artists. Help us support them with your donations. Click here to donate online at Google Wallet; send checks to NolaVie, P.O. Box 792532, New Orleans, LA 70179.
For more information, send questions to: [email protected].